Branch Week: Educating Cadets on their FutureMembers of the Air Defense Artillery speak to cadets about their branch and the use of the Patriot Missile Defense System during Branch Week Sept. 10-16 in Central Area. Photo by 2nd Lt. Kevin Baek/USMA PAO
Tanks, helicopters, satellites and other Army machinery covered the Plain from Sept. 10-16—Branch Week. Branch representatives from each of the Army’s 17 branches came to West Point to educate cadets on the in’s and out’s of each branch, allowing them to make informed decisions during the branch selection process.
While the Class of 2017 is the only class that must make their list of top choices this year, the entire corps scattered the field throughout the week, trying to figure out which branch was best for them.
“Branch Week is very unique, it’s a special opportunity for the cadets to come here and experience all 17 branches, we get that education piece, as well as talk to the junior and senior NCO’s,” Class of 2017 Cadet Terrence Thomas said. Read More
Posted on September 22nd, 2016 1:24 pm
Strong First Half fuels Women’s Soccer over FDUSophomore midfielder Samantha Sullenger notched two goals, her first pair of the season, to help the Army West Point Women’s Soccer team to a 4-1 victory over Fairleigh Dickinson Sunday at Clinton Field. Photo by Class of 2018 Cadet Alex Werden
A three-goal first half by the Army West Point Women’s Soccer fueled the team to a 4-1 victory over Fairleigh Dickinson Sunday at Clinton Field.
Army Highlights and Match Notes
• Four is the most goals that Army has scored in a single match all season. And it doubles the number of goals scored for 2016.
• The Black Knights improved to 2-7-0 overall with today’s victory.
• Jordan Cassalia recorded her second win of the season after allowing no goals on 14 shots faced. She recorded five saves in 82 minutes of play.
• Samantha Sullenger notched two goals in the match, her first pair of the season, while Clare Shea led with two assists.
How It Happened
• The Black Knights jumped out to a 3-0 lead after the first 35 minutes of play. Read More
Posted on September 22nd, 2016 6:00 am
No entries found.
Help us tell the West Point Story by submitting your ideas to: Eric Bartelt, managing editor, at 938-2015/3883, or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Story submissions should include point of contact information (name, phone number, email address).