Shoop elected IEEE president for 2015-16Col. Barry Shoop, Department of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science head, was elected as president of the Institute for Electrical and Electronics Engineers. EECS Photo
EECS head will lead world’s largest professional association dedicated to technological innovation
The Institute for Electrical and Electronics Engineers has recently elected Col. Barry Shoop as its future president.
Shoop, professor and head of the Department of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, will serve as president-elect in 2015 and president in 2016.
IEEE is the world’s largest professional association dedicated to advancing technological innovation and excellence for the benefit of humanity.
• more than 430,000 members in more than 160 countries;
• more than 120,000 student members;
• 333 sections in 10 geographic regions worldwide;
• 2,231 chapters that unite local members with similar technical interests;
• 2,516 student branches at colleges and universities in 80 countries;
• 38 societies and 10 technical councils representing the wide range of IEEE technical interests;
• publishes approximately 170 transactions, journals and magazines;
• sponsors more than 1,300 conferences in 92 countries. Read More
Posted on October 17th, 2014 3:05 pm
Emily McAninch, a 10-year-old fifth grader at the West Point Middle School, was recently recognized by the Metropolitan New York Professional Golf Association (PGA) for a season of accomplishments that included a tie for first place at the nine-hole championship played at the Westchester Country Club in August. Emily shot a 40 on the par 27 executive course at Westchester, and also placed in the top 3 in five other tournaments held over the summer in the girls 7-11 age group of the PGA youth golf program. Emily received the awards in a ceremony held at Bethpage State Park Monday. Emily credits her success to the teaching of West Point Golf Course pro Andy Crane. Read More
Posted on October 17th, 2014 3:58 pm
Command Channel 8/23
For the week of Oct 16-26
Thursday, Friday and Monday through Oct. 23rd
8:30 a.m., 1 p.m. and 7 p.m. Read More
Posted on October 17th, 2014 9:00 am
No entries found.
Help us tell the West Point Story by submitting your ideas to: Eric Bartelt, managing editor, at 938-2015/3883, or email email@example.com. Story submissions should include point of contact information (name, phone number, email address).